Job description / Role
The main purpose of this job is to control and coordinate all labor camp related activities within the camp premises acting as a facilitator between the service requestor at AWM and the camp administration, services providers and maintenance providers, overseeing camp residents and employee’s related issues and monitoring camp facilities utilization.
• Communicates concise and accurate information
• Performs regular tours and spot check on laborers dormitories and other related facilities and follows up on remedial action in case of any finding.
• Reviews daily labor camp reports in relevance to data sent by the camp dispatchers and ensure that all required services are carried out.
• Reviews the camp Foreman inspection reports for rooms’ cleanliness and maintenance needs and amends preventive checking schedule accordingly.
• Investigates on problems of laborers at work or in the dorms; gives recommendations and support to HR team members to follow up and resolve.
• Updates work instructions for the laborers entailing safety, health and hygiene; ensures accurate implementation by the Labor Affairs staff members.
• Coordinates with the concerned project managers/managers on the number of required laborers, updates staff members for proper planning and distribution; investigates shortages and discrepancies.
• Follows up on laborers performance with the operations staff members; follows up on complaints raised and resolves them.
• Follows up on major work accidents taking place with laborers; coordinates with the HR an HSE teams ensuring that proper measures are being taken.
• Follows up on laborers major medical and emergency cases including work accidents and outbreak of diseases.
• Maintains records for the use of catering & laundry services and the expenditure of materials in the camp and issue daily / weekly and monthly status reports for management and finance department requirements
• Responsible for exercising due diligence towards the environment, health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible for complying with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, laws, regulations from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies and those applicable to his/her job requirements
• Responsible for reporting to his/her superiors’ occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect the environment, health, safety and company reputation.
• Performs other tasks and activities as requested.
Complies with the Health & Safety instructions:
• Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible to comply with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, standards received from regulatory and statutory bodies
• Responsible for reporting to superior occurrences, events, violations and acts that may impact staff health and safety or the environment
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SUCCESS CRITERIA
• Coordination of laborers distribution planning.
• Administrates and controls the labor camp accommodation.
• Diploma in related field.
• Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in similar supervisory role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good in English – speaking and writing.
• Arabic as second language is a plus.
• Good supervisory skills.
• Good computer skills – MS proficient.
• Ability to work under harsh conditions.
• Planning & Organizing
• Team building
• Self-Commitment and Motivation
• Achievement Orientation
Please NOTE: No Employer in UAE will ask you for money in exchange of processing your employment. Please be cautious of scammers. Please inform us if you will be encountering such incidents for us to take proper action from our side. Thank you and Good Luck fellow Expat!