Experience: 1 – 3 years
Degree: Secondary School, Diploma.
Nationality: Any Arabic National, Any European National
To greet, escort and facilitate our guest experience by scheduling reservation, organizing server sections and maintaining an efficient customer flow. A hostess is responsible for communicating feedback from customers and informing staff about menus and operational changes.
• Assist and coordinate activities of dining room personnel in order to provide quick and courteous service to patrons.
• To be punctual, diligent and well presented at all times.
• Responsible for answering all telephone calls to the correct standard and to deal with all guest inquiries, giving information and taking reservations.
• To make quick and positive decisions regarding any situation this may arise, for example dress code.
• To ensure the reservations diary is kept neat with all guest names, telephone numbers, and credit card details (if necessary) and reservation codes written legibly.
• Ability to use the related software for guest’s reservations.
• To check the number of reservations taken for any given meal period and to ensure that they are allocated so as fully utilize the dining room capacity.
• To allocate tables for each party according to the diary and transfer all reservations to the daily table plan.
• To establish coming reservations file to ensure proper track record of all dining reservation related correspondence.
• Work closely with the Manager on daily basis to confirm all party reservations, cake and flower orders and other special requests.
• To ensure all special requests are completed correctly and distributed immediately.
• To assist in the day to day service in the restaurant should the need arise.
• To be competent with micros and complete billing to the correct standard and to balance when cashiering.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of all menu options including, but not limited to food content, food temperature, item presentation, wine list, prices, special events and daily menus, and have a good idea about what is happening in the other outlets regarding service, opening times and dress codes.
• To inform superiors of any breakdown of machines or systems.
Restaurants / Catering / Food Services